Sony RDR-VX521 DVD Recorder Vcr Combo

Sony RDR-VX521 DVD Recorder Vcr Combo Reviews



More Picture


Simple, easy, nice unit by Sony. Having many video tapes that needed to be transferred, I tried my computer but it was cumbersome to do the transfers. This allows easy transfer to DVD using any format including DVD-RW for recording tv shows. My only complaint is the unit does not allow you to name your DVD so when you pop in into your computer, it comes up with the stock Sony name. Minor complaint because you can still edit and name the video via the unit on screen so when it sees a DVD player, you know what is on the DVD. Let's hope the prices keep coming down! Not used. Not refurbished. But brand new in factory sealed box. Full manufacturer's warranty. From 30 days up to one year returns policy. Same day shipping even on weekend and will provide the tracking number.


Go tO Store Now !!

More Products

More Reviews

dont buy this one - W. Eason -
Next time I buy ANYTHING from Sam's Club I will pay for the warranty.br /Used to be you could expect reasonable service from a new product--notbr /anymore. Very light use, just getting to learn how to work the machinebr /and it started eating VHS tapes, some old and priceless to me. Stupidly,br /I thought it was the age of the cassettes. Then it got to eating every single VHS I put in it, even new ones. Tried the "eaten" tapes in severalbr /older VHS machines and they worked just fine, even worked with the crinkledbr /sections that I rewound. Wonder if this was produced in China for Sony?

Another bad experience - Todd Vachon - Philadelphia, PA USA
I purchased this VCR/DVD recorder for it's ability to dub family videos to DVD and to allow my children to watch old movies we have on tape. It began sporadically eating VHS tapes after 6 months of light use. When calling for warranty service (it has a decently long warranty, I will admit-1 year and 180 days PL-much better than many electronics which offer 90 days), it took over an hour on hold just to get the address of a repair center and a work order number. Seems like they may be sorry for offering that warranty now. Of course you will need to pay to ship your unit in for repair out of your own pocket, not to mention the inconvenience of the shipping and being without a unit you paid good money for. If you purchase it, I highly recommend you keep your receipt and original packaging handy! br /br / Sony isn't the Sony of old. My recent experience has been that their products just don't hold up like they used to. Caveat Emptor.


Oct 28, 2010 15:04:07

0 comments:

Post a Comment