Monster Cable iCarPlay iPod Cassette Adapter (AI CAS-ADPT)

Monster Cable iCarPlay iPod Cassette Adapter (AI CAS-ADPT) Reviews



More Picture


Well my Monster iCarPlay finally bit the dust after four years. Yes, I do know how to use it. I routinely check my iPod's sound level before attaching it to the adapter. Oh and so you'll know my 60gb iPod Photo just bit the dust as well. Happy owner of a new 120gb iPod now. But I digress. Figured Amazon would be as good a place as any for the replacement because I plan to order a few other items at the same time. Imagine my surprise when I saw that the preponderance of the reviews for this product are at the lowest possible level. I decided I better look at others, I selected a Sony and a Phillips. Both have about 25% of their ratings at the lowest level. The descriptions of the sound quality with both though were underwhelming to me. So I am back to the iCarPlay because the previous one provided excellent sound quality, no extraneous sounds and worked well in my car. Of course I wish the cable hadn't frayed at the plug, but things to wear out, especially as rough as I treat them. By the way I would have rated this at 4 Stars but I haven't been able to rate anything on Amazon for over a month no matter which browser I use.

Monster Cable iCarPlay iPod Cassette Adapter (AI CAS-ADPT) Feature

  • Pops right into your car's cassette deck to play music from your iPod
  • Spring-loaded cassette head helps maintain contact with cassette player's head for clear sound
  • 40-inch cord so you can rest your iPod where you want it
  • 24k gold-plated contacts resist corrosion for maximum signal transfer
  • Universal accessory for all digital audio players compatible with 3.5mm mini-jack
Why shuffle through stacks of CDs and tapes to find the song you want while you are driving? With your iPod, whether you are going down the block or cross-country, you will have plenty of music for the whole trip. iPod puts all the music you want just a dial and a click away; and Monster iCarPlay lets you and your friends share thousands of songs through your car's cassette player. p Features ulliPops right into your car's cassette deck to play music from your iPod. liSpring-loaded cassette head helps maintain contact with cassette player's head for clear sound. li40" cord so you can rest your iPod where you want it. li24k gold-plated contacts resist corrosion for maximum signal transfer. /ulpbiPod Compatibility/bbr iPod nano 1G, iPod nano 2G, iPod mini, iPod 3G, iPod 4G (Clickwheel), iPod Color, iPod 5G/5.5G Video, iPod Shuffle 1G, iPod Shuffle 2G Downloaded all your favorite music to your iPod so you could listen to it anywhere, anytime. Now Monster iCarPlay is your easy way to link your iPod to your car stereo and get your car into the groove.


Go tO Store Now !!

More Products

More Reviews

Audio quality good, mechanical quality poor - Peter Hunt - Mountain View, CA USA
I bought a Monster cassette adapter for my wife. I already have one of another brand for my own car, and have been very happy with it, so I expected no surprises with this one.br /br /The sound quality was fine through the car stereo, but the cassette adapter made a loud clicking sound which was very distracting, and could be heard continuously over the music. I ejected the adapter and just turned the sprockets with my fingers, and sure enough, the interlocking gears in the adapter itself were causing the noise.br /br /I put it back in to the cassette player and fast-forwarded, rewound, and just let it run, to see if the mechanism settled into a different, less noisy position. No such luck.br /br /So back it goes.br /br /If Monster had paid a bit more attention to the mechanical quality of the adapter, I'm sure I would have been satisfied with it. But I will be purchasing a replacement from another manufacturer.br /

Cassette adapter for iPod - Terry R. Gruver - Gainesville, FL
This works great in theory, but the connection between the cassette deck head and this adapter leaves much to be desired. Many songs are muffled too much and the volume when you switch back to the regular radio just about blows you out of the car. I get way too much bass and way too little treble. The next (newer) car I get will have a direct input of some sort for iPod.br /br /Over all, it is a good quick and dirty way to play your music over an old (1995 Covvette) cassette deck. With the top down...who cares about fidelity? (the music type.... that is) ;)


Oct 31, 2010 12:16:04

0 comments:

Post a Comment